The Institut Louis Bachelier is a partnership research network in economics and finance. It was created in 2008 by the Ministry of Finance to create a research ecosystem bringing together academics, companies, and public authorities. The institute focuses on 4 themes: environmental, financial, digital, and demographic.
The ILB DataLab is a team of R&D engineers specialized in the fields of data science and green and sustainable finance. Its objective is to support companies in the financial sector in their digital and environmental transformations through data-related projects (BNP Paribas, SG and others). The DataLab mainly conducts projects in banking / insurance (risk, targeting, green rating…) as well as some projects in other sectors. These projects are halfway between research and consulting.
The team has developed strongly in the field of green and sustainable finance over the last two years, thanks to the leading expertise of the Institute’s researchers.
The intern will be supervised by João Paulo Sertã and supported by managers (including Louis Boulanger and JM Beacco) with more than 30 years of experience and responsibilities in finance, applied mathematics and artificial intelligence. The team interacts with renowned experts in green and sustainable finance, such as M. Voisin (variable depending on project).
Objectives of the internship:
In this context and in direct link with the DataLab managers, the intern will have the following mission:
- Assist the ILB DataLab team in the development and structuring of research project offerings.
- Actively participate in one or more of these projects on the topic of green and sustainable finance:
- Development of portfolio climate alignment methodologies.
- Use of different scenarios for transition risk modeling.
- Financial engineering modeling for green solutions.
- Modeling of different types of physical risks (cyclone, storm, drought) on different types of assets (energy, real estate, or any other sector).
- Impact assessment:
- Social & environmental impact assessment of activities based on life cycle analysis.
- Impact estimation based on actions to reduce the environmental footprint.
- Analysis of ESG data: bias and links with financial performance.
- Development and testing of new methodologies (impact, alignment…).
We are looking for a person with the following traits:
- Curious, autonomous, and a driving force on all aspects of the project (technical, organizational…).
- Knowledge in green and sustainable finance as well as in data (statistics, data science) is highly desirable.
- At ease in French and English (written and oral).
- Organized, creative and with good interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Python.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and teamwork skills.
- Proficient in the Office package.
Don’t hesitate to apply if you don’t tick all the boxes !
The internship is located in the Palais Brongniart in Paris (75002) with possible part-time telecommuting depending on the context. The remuneration is: 1,400€ gross for gap year / 1,600€ gross for end of the studies + TR at 9€ + 50% of the transport title on presentation of proof. We remain at your disposal to discuss this in more detail.
Please send your CV with a paragraph explaining your motivations to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate your type of internship (gap year / end of studies), the desired duration of the internship and the possible start dates.