Banque de France and Institut Louis Bachelier are looking to hire a post-doctoral fellow, to work within the Green and Sustainable Finance program of Institut Louis Bachelier, in close collaboration with the Banque de France sustainable finance teams.
Topic: Integrated climate-economy scenarios and their use for financial risk management. The aim of this fellowship is to develop new models / scenarios for climate financial risk evaluation and / or new frameworks for climate financial risk evaluation based on existing models and scenarios. The key research questions include but are not limited to
- Expanding the macroeconomic modelling of the transition to account explicitly for the financial sector and the role of central banks
- Developing climate risk frameworks including two-way feedbacks between climate and the financial sector
- Developing climate risk frameworks accounting explicitly for dynamic balance sheets and strategic behavior of financial institutions, as well as for adaptation strategies of non-financial agents
- Accounting for scenario uncertainty and uncertainty of scenario perception and dynamic information discovery by the economic agents
- Assessing the risks of short- and medium-term financial market dynamics related to the transition (volatility, fire sales, default contagion) on financial stability
- Developing asset pricing methodologies accounting for physical and transition climate risk
The potential candidates must hold, or be certain to obtain before September 2022, a PhD in finance, economics, applied mathematics or related domains and research experience / track record in the fields related to the topics of the fellowship. They must not have held a permanent employment position after finishing their PhD.
The fellowship will start on September 1st, 2022 and run for an initial period of 2 years, with a possibility of extension. A later starting date may be considered depending on the constraints of the successful candidate.
The selection procedure will start on April 1st, 2022 and continue until the position is filled. To apply, please send your curriculum vitae with a brief description of your past research and of the proposed research project to Peter Tankov, and arrange for two reference letters to be sent to the same address.
For enquiries about the fellowship, please contact